CBD is a cannabinoid extracted from the cannabis plant and mixed with the carrier oil (such as hemp or coconut oil) to create CBD oil.
CBD does not give you the intoxication or high sensation effect in your mind after consumption like THC (tetrahydrocannabidiol).
All cannabinoids produce effects in our body by attaching to certain receptors. Cannabinoids generally interact with every system in our body. Therefore receptors for cannabinoids are found in the digestive, reproductive, nervous and immune system.
CBD oil is considered as cure-all remedy for all the diseases but it’s not true. Research is still going on to prove that claim. The best part is CBD is safe and doesn’t cause any harm.
Medicinal Health Benefits of CBD Oil
Below is the list of the CBD oil’s medicinal benefits
1. Fight cancer: The compound in CBD suppresses the growth of cancer cells and promotes their destruction. Thus CBD significantly helps to prevent the spread of cancer.
2. Ease Anxiety: CBD oil used by people before public speaking test experienced significantly less anxiety and thus CBD reduces the anxiety opposite to placebo effect.
3. Natural antidepressant: CBD oil helps to improve the symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) in children
4. Alleviate pain: CBD oil’s ability to significantly reduce inflammation and inhibits transmission of neurosignalling through pain pathways makes it an effective and safe analgesic for various kind of pain
5. Epilepsy treatment: CBD oil is very effective in Lennox-Gastaut syndrome (LGS) and Dravet syndrome (DS) as a therapy. These type of seizures are difficult to control with other types of medication.
6. Acne treatment: CBD oil helps to reduce the production of sebum from a sebaceous gland that leads to acne and thus provide relief from acne
7. Alzheimer’s disease: CBD oil helps in the early stages of Alzheimer’s to recognize the faces of people that they are aware off
8. Type 1 diabetes: CBD oil may reduce inflammation in the pancreas and protect against the development of type 1 diabetes
9. Quitting smoking and drug withdrawals: CBD is very helpful for smoke addicts to quit smoking as well as for people with opioid addiction disorders
10. Aids gut health: CBD helps in healing the leaky tight junctions which decreases the spasmodic activity and thus help in improving irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
CBD oil has many health benefits but after consuming CBD oil, if you start getting side effects then consult your doctor immediately.
CBD oil is a supplement so doesn’t use it as part of an overall healthy lifestyle.